Friday, September 27, 2013

Refreshing Cucumber Stick - Japanese


I grew up in a family that eats only a little bit of meat. We probably could have been vegetarian if we didn't have my brother who is the only fan of meat. I didn't like any kind of meat when I was little. Then I learned to like chicken, then pork, then beef. Now that I married to an Aussie, I cook lots of meat. But still, my love for fresh and good quality vegetables still exists in the center of my heart!

This recipe is a imitation of my mom's recipe. It is really easy and makes you feel really good as you eat it.  Taste especially good when it's cold!


Refreshing Cucumber Stick

1 Cucumber
1/4 Sesame Oil
1 TBS salt
Shichimi to taste
Sesame

1. Wash cucumber and put it on a cutting board
2. Pour over salt. Roll it with both of your hands (it helps to reduce the astringency of the cucumber)
3. Cut it into sticks
4. Put them in a bag with the rest of the ingredients. Rub well. Add some salt if needed.
5. Put them in the fridge and let it rest. Serve when it is cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment